Like me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenny-Block/118385024943309

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Get Floating





So, I spent Saturday afternoon doing something very interesting - floating. You heard me right, floating. There's a new place in Dallas called Adrift where you can go and float in a private tank filled with enough salt to keep the Titanic afloat. It was the most bizarre and wonderful experience. First you get to spend fifteen minutes in a zero gravity massage chair, which you will swear is a person by the time it's done with you. Then you take a nice hot shower which opens right into your private floating chamber - or your couple's floating chamber. Your call. Then you lay back into the water while your choice of soothing sounds play. I chose the ocean. And you can even opt for color therapy where the water gently changes color throughout your session. After that you just, well, float.

It took me awhile to relax. I'm not so great at relaxing anyway and the whole thing seemed so foreign. But once I settled in, I drifted in and out of sleep and was more relaxed than I can remember ever being. I'll definitely be back. I'm hoping I'll be better at getting into the zone the second time around. Plus, I cannot wait to get back in the massage chair. If Adrift offered just that as a service, you can be sure I would sign-up! At least until I can figure out how I can get one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment